NuWave is experiencing explosive growth in the rapidly growing agricultural tech Sector. NuWave has revolutionized the dehydration of fruits, and vegetables. By utilizing vacuum microwave dehydration technology, NuWave produces state-of-the-art industrial dehydrators for food processors that not only increase their profits but also benefit the environment through its clean technology. We are looking to add a CNC Machinist/Programmer that embodies NuWave’s core values of hard work, teamwork, exceptional customer service, and superior craftsmanship.
The successful candidate is responsible for working with the Mechanical Engineers on creating 2D and advanced 3D CNC programs, operating the CNC Machinery including CNC router, CNC turn, CNC mill and CNC water jet. Your role is to generate effective and accurate CNC programs based on up-to-date mode files that are provided by the engineering team. Additionally, the CNC machinist/programmer will safely operate multiple CNC machines simultaneously followed by the instruction provided by engineering team, and do quality control using caliper, micrometer, dial gauge, etc. to insure the parts they machined are within specified tolerances.
Reports to: Mechanical Engineer
- Set up machine, 2D and advanced 3D program, and operate CNC Machines including router, turn, mill and water jet
- Reads and interprets work orders
- Responsible to read and understand dimensions and tolerances based on ASMY Y14.5-2009 standard.
- Ensures workmanship throughout the manufacturing process and on finished goods meets or exceeds the costs, quality and schedule expectations for all customers
- Safety conscious with full participation in the safety program and all safety requirements including wearing CSA approved PPE as required
- Perform other duties as needed
- Identify issues with machining tools and equipment and either fix or report them.
- Thoroughly inspect parts and maintain quality (In-process Inspection Report)
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers to verify work.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 plus years experience as a Machinist with CNC experience
- 2D and Advanced 3D programing experience in MasterCam Software is required
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Certificate is an asset
- Physically fit and able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to manage time and multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables
- Good interpersonal skills; a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear and succinct communication style.
- Capable of working independently and unsupervised for extended periods of time
- Ability to see the big picture while not losing focus on the small details
- Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively
- Strong work ethics and leads by example
- Strong team player, willing to support all areas of the business as required